It’s hot and sweaty out there but don’t let that stop you from firing up your grill!
I have a new summer grilling feast recipe for you today courtesy of my ongoing partnership with ALDI, and it’s a delicious one – and easy, too, as always.
A month or so ago I wrote about how Matt likes to make veggies on the grill in foil packets; it’s a trick he picked up from camping, and it does a beautiful job cooking the veggies with no dishes to worry about later.
I’m expanding on that idea today and including your entire meal in the foil packet – hello, easy clean up! Simply toss all the ingredients in a foil packet, throw on the grill, and enjoy.
You know what’s exciting?
Since we moved to Alexandria, we now live near an ALDI! I’m pretty pumped because it was a bit of a haul to get to one previously… although it was all good because ALDI is available on Instacart, and I’m allllll about the grocery delivery situation lately. #momlife 😉
Anyway – all the ingredients for this delicious feast can be found at your local ALDI (here’s a link to find one near you). I love that you can get not only affordable, high-quality produce at ALDI, but also entertaining essentials (like grill tools!) and pantry staples, too.
Here’s what you need for this recipe to come to life:
Feel free to prep ahead of time – you can chop your veggies, potatoes, and sausage and get the foil packets ready to go before your guests arrive (or before you are ready for a fast weeknight dinner).
You can also feel free to add extra or different veggies – onions, zucchini, and bell peppers would all be especially delicious additions or alternatives here.
Once the potatoes are sliced and pre-cooked briefly (because they would need longer on the grill than the other ingredients… pre-cooking them just a bit makes everything done all at once), throw them in the foil packets along with your sliced tomatoes, chicken sausage, and mushrooms.
Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle on some optional salt and red pepper flakes, and that’s it! Put another piece of foil on top of the packet, seal it up (leaving a little steam hole), and toss them on the grill.
15 or so minutes later and you have yourself a feast!
Don’t forget to add the crumbled feta before serving. 😉 I love the Happy Farms Preferred Basil and Tomato Feta from ALDI – so delicious.
Here’s the full recipe – I hope you will give it a shot this summer or fall and let me know how you like it!
To make it extra easy, you can use the coupon code ALDIFannetastic19 on Instacart where first time users can get $10 off their first three orders of $35 or more. You can get everything you need from ALDI for this feast. Enjoy!
- 1 24-oz bag Bite-Size Potato Medley
- 1 package Simply Nature Organic Italian Chicken Sausage, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pint Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Specially Selected Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 oz Happy Farms Preferred Tomato & Basil Feta, crumbled
1. Wash the bite-size potatoes and place them in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup of water. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and poke a few holes to vent. Microwave the potatoes for 3-4 minutes, until barely fork tender, but still firm. Alternatively, place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for 4-5 minutes, until barely fork tender, but still firm. Drain potatoes and set aside.
2. To assemble foil packets: cut eight 12-inch squares of heavy duty aluminum foil. Arrange 4 of the squares on a work surface.
3. Divide the par-cooked potatoes, sliced sausage, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes between the pieces of foil, leaving room around the edges to roll the foil in. Sprinkle the packets evenly with Italian seasoning and salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil.
4. Place the remaining squares of foil on top of the packets. Fold the edges of the foil inward a couple times to ensure that the contents of the packets are sealed in. Leave one corner of the packet unfolded to allow for venting.
5. Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Place the foil packets on the grates, cover the grill, and allow the packets to cook for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes are burst and the potatoes are fork tender.
6. To serve, top the warm sausage and veggie mixture with crumbled feta cheese.
Try different veggies to mix this recipe up – onions, peppers, and zucchini, in particular, would be great added in here too!
Want more summer grilling inspiration? Here are a few previous recipes I’ve shared featuring ALDI products:
- Grilled Steak and Strawberry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers with Coconut Quinoa
- Honey Lime Chicken with Grilled Peach and Corn Salad
What’s your favorite thing to cook on the grill? We need to make that steak and strawberry salad again because Matt has been busy perfecting his steak grilling technique!